Bettws Community Website

                       Bettws is the Bee’s Knees

 


St David’s Church Community House, 1,Tone Close, Newport. NP20 7AT

01633 856623

There has been a church building on the site since the thirteenth century. The present building - the ancient parish church - dates from the seventeenth century. Additions and alterations were also made by the Victorians and in the last century. There are signs that when the church was rebuilt the then new building was smaller than the original.  The building (seats about 80) was perfectly adequate for the needs of the area as it was.  Kelly’s Directory from the turn of the twentieth century records the population of the parish as being just over 100. Nowadays there’s going on 3,500 dwellings on the estate and the Church is a partnership between the Church in Wales and the United Reformed Church. As you can see from the other pages about St David’s, we are working to relate to the area in new ways as well as old.

Our main claim to fame is the fact that John Frost, the Chartist leader was married in the Church in 1812. His wife was a widow, Mary Geach, and they had eleven children.

St David’s Anglican Church and Bettws United

Reformed Church Local Ecumenical Partnership


Service at St David’s every Sunday


at 10.00am


other services as advertised